This experiment is simple – you just need to unplug the cable so the Ray does not light up.
This experiment lets us see how how drivers drive WITHOUT GOFAR influencing their driving.
Experiment Step by Step
- DON’T unplug the dongle! That stays in.
- DO unplug one (or both) ends of the cable so that the Ray is not connected
- Do drive normally for one or two weeks
- You can start whenever you want. There's no need to alert us.
- However the best time to start is right after GOFAR has calibrated.
- You can stop whenever you want. There’s no need to alert us when you stop.
- However we would (ideally) like two weeks of driving.
- We’re hoping to have at least 200miles / 300km per driver.
- You do not need to tag your data – that happens automatically.
- Please do open the app occasionally to make sure the data is uploading to your app profile.
We have data on how drivers drive with GOFAR, but we also need data from a solid sample of drivers driving without GOFAR. The goal is to create a benchmark for normal driving across a large sample of drivers so we can see and improve the impact of our algorithms.
Basically, this experiment is one accurate way to provide a baseline against which we can compare in future as we refine the app, algorithms and hardware.
Mainly we will be analysing economy data and accelerometer data (driver smoothness on braking and acceleration).
Participants data will remain completely anonymous. Data is analysed at a group level. No individual drivers will be identifiable..
We’ll publish results on our blog periodically.
You can already see some pre and post results here.